On Aug. 6 Phil Kenny, President of Concord Independent Battery, was introduced as our speaker by John Arena.  We all know the history of April 18, 1775 and have seen and heard the cannons, but few knew their history. In 1804 the MA senate raised by voluntary enlistment the Concord Artillery and provided it with two brass field pieces inscribed with the names John Buttrick and Isac Davis. When the cannons were worn by firing, they were replaced with new ones, engraved with the original inscription. The Concord Independent Battery Association, formed in 1947, financed the erection of a new Gun House in 1960 in Heywood Meadow. Of interest: the horses ridden by the Battery on April 19 a are provided by Verrill Farm Stables. Thanks Rotarian Steve Verrill.